The Rose Village
Initially a farming community, Warburg grew when the Northeastern and Lacombe railways were extended. Incorporated in 1953, it has served as the regional trading centre for area agriculture, later evolving to support oil and gas activity as well as Capital Power's Genesee Generating Station. Warburg now sits as a hub for agriculture, oil and electrical power industries in western Leduc County.
Warburg adopted the Wild Rose, the Provincial flower as the symbol for the Village.