As per Village of Warburg Bylaw #8/96, any person or persons operating a business or providing goods or services to the residents of the Village of Warburg must hold a current Business License.
License details include:
- Covers the calendar year of January 1 to December 31
- Cost of s $25 /per year/per business for Home Based Businesses and Businesses located within the Village
- $50 for businesses located outside of the Village, Hawkers/ Peddlers and Single Projects
The Village is a member of the 39/20 Alliance of municipalities (Breton, Calmar, Thorsby and Warburg). One advantage of this alliance is any business residing in one of the four member municipalities can purchase a Regional Business License from its home community for an additional $50.00 and has the right to work in all other member municipalities for the year.
Relevant information on obtaining a business license includes:
- Business Licenses are available for purchase at the Village Office during business hours (M-F, 9-12 and 1-4:30)
- They are also available by mail, please enclose payment and a return address
- The license form can be completed electronically. Download the Business License Form or complete it electronically at online form.
Persons violating any provision of this Bylaw may be liable, on summary conviction, to a penalty of between $25 and $100 for every day in default, so please be sure to obtain your license.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Bylaw, please do not hesitate to contact our office.