Support Your Community by Shopping Local
Warburg residents appreciate their local stores - 62% of residents indicate having local shopping options is very important to them and are willing to pay on average 13% above 'big city prices' to have choice close to home. A vibrant 'Main Street' is critical for attracting visitors and residents, who support businesses, which creates jobs, which attracts residents.
This virtuous cycle is indicated in the Warburg Shop Local logo, representing the Village's initiative to remind residents to 'think local' first before driving to the city.
Buy Local Campaign
During the month of July, 2022 shop local for a chance to win great prizes. Here's how the program works:
- get a Shop Local card from the Village office or local store (or download and print one here)
- every time you make a purchase from a participating business during the month, you'll receive a stamp or signature from the business
- drop your card(s) off at the Village office to be entered in a draw for prizes
- the more you shop locally (many businesses or multiple times at a single business) your chances of winning go up
- winners will be announced following the campaign
- remember to put your name and phone number on the card so we know who you are!
If you have an idea for new products or services you'd like businesses to offer, ask them!
Click here for more information on local business opportunities.
Click here to read the news article on the Shop Local campaign.
List of participating businesses:
- Village Market
- Two B’s Flowers & Bistro
- Warburg Corner Restaurant
- Warburg Family Drug
- ATB Financial / Direct-Line Insurance / Registry
- Celtic Knot Massage
- W5 Law
- Warburg Seed Cleaning Plant
- Martin Deerline
Participated through prize donations:
- K&K / MagicBox
- Apollo Redimix
- Merv’s Truck Parts